Securing the Collaborative Research & Development Life Science Supply Chain
Collaborative research and development is key to new innovations in the life sciences. The ability to merge, manage, track, and deploy diverse talent and resource supply chains from across the globe in developing new vaccines, treatments, and cures is what separates the industry leaders from the industry followers. But it is also a security nightmare.
According to a recent study conducted by the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development, it takes more than $2.5 billion to develop a new prescription drug that is approved for market. The vast majority of this spending goes into the research and testing phase of new product development, while the resultant production costs once a drug is approved can be a few pennies per pill. This phase presents opportunities for cybercrime groups and nation-state attackers operating beyond the jurisdiction of legal deterrents, and for nefarious insiders. In this phase, companies also are vulnerable to the unintentional disclosure of patentable data, which once made public, can find its way into competitive or foreign hands.
SpiderOak provides the secure communication and collaboration capabilities the pharmaceutical and biotech industries need to ensure that their collaborative research and development and distributed supply chains remain secure.
Leveraging both Distributed Ledger and No Knowledge Encryption, SpiderOak provides a 100% secure multi-user collaboration environment, enabling confidential communication, interpretation, and sharing of proprietary insights from research and development, clinical trials, and precision medicine -- on any network -- with complete security.
Our “Zero-Trust” approach means, by default, nobody is trusted unless they have been granted an explicit “need to know” to gain access – providing a heretofore unavailable level of authority over the life sciences value chain significantly reducing the risk of insider threat or unintentional exposure.
SpiderOak Life Science Solutions Provide Protection of Your Intellectual Property
- Zero-Trust encrypted communication, where the only people who can read the messages are the scientist, chemist, researcher, or engineer communicating
- Extra layer of protection for lost or stolen devices being hacked for sensitive data
- Discuss clinical trials, reactions, and treatments with complete confidentiality
Secure virtual collaboration spaces to share and analyze new drug data and analysis
- Segment supply chain conversations by manufactures, providers, distributers, doctors and patients for ongoing real-time collaboration.
- Authentication of users and devices without the need for a password
- Data assurance and integrity via digitally signed and timestamped transactions to assure that information hasn’t been altered and is authentic
- Send and modify documents, share images, and communicate with staff across all devices in complete security and confidentiality
- Cryptographically secure affiliated research centers, clinicians, trial groups, medical professionals, and universities in foreign or multi-national jurisdictions