We want to change the world, and we’ve already done it once. SpiderOak has been building encrypted software since before the first iPhone was released.
SpiderOak is committed to building secure and reliable software that protects our customers’ data. Our approach is fundamentally different from most mainstream security companies. Instead of adding layers of security on top of an insecure system, we build software that is inherently secure.
How are we different?
SpiderOak builds need-to-know technology that supports customers working in hostile environments. Traditional systems trust IT infrastructure to maintain the whole security system, even though the news is rife with evidence that this model does not work. Our software combines end to end encryption with a distributed ledger (aka Blockchain) technology to offer best-in-class security with no backdoors.
The Distributed Ledger, SpiderOak Model
A distributed ledger approach can provide compartmentalization of data that does not suffer from a single point of failure and is both fast and cost-effective. Compartments are defined using an irrefutable distributed ledger, enabling complete confidence in who is allowed to participate. Once the list of allowed users is defined, it becomes easy for those parties to negotiate shared encryption keys to secure the data being collaborated on.
Our approach allows for the instant provisioning of cryptographically secure collaboration spaces for use in scenarios where certainty about who has access to that space is a mission requirement.
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: VP Finance
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
- Develop, refine, and execute effective employee policies and procedures, in line with HR trends and best practices, using and improving existing HR recommended systems and processes
- Establish and lead recruitment policies and procedures to identify quality candidates, check references, draft offers, and guide onboarding
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision
- Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including compensation, health insurance, expenses, vacation, and other personnel packages and collaborate with finance on payroll, expense reimbursement and budget
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records; ensure compliance with labor and employment laws; InfoSec & Privacy regulations and policies (HIPAA, etc.)
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures–including but not limited to–team restructuring and morale, timekeeping, cost-efficient employee-serving benefits, and insurance broker orientation and training
- Leverage HRIS system to improve efficiency and employee experience; evaluate and recommend add-on services to enhance data insights
- Lead performance management initiatives including the implementation of continuous feedback and OKRs for the development and retention of a superior workforce
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures including the Employee Handbook and HR Dashboard
- Support and enhance company culture by managing employee relations and communications–including monthly all-hands meetings, employee recognition, company events, and internal committees
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience in compensation and benefits, organizational planning and development, recruitment, employee engagement, and development
- General knowledge of labor and employment laws and practices
- HR experience in a software/technology company preferred
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems such as Paylocity (HRIS) and BambooHR; proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong project management and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Exceptional communication, skills, interpersonal, and presentation skills, and an ethical mindset
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively; adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field
- HR certification preferred
Benefits include: Generous PTO, flexible work schedule, medical, dental, and vision, 401k matching, paid short-term and long-term disability coverage, parental leave, and competitive compensation.