This might not exactly qualify for a top secret mission though you can bet privacy is at the core of this operation.
SpiderOak is launching a ‘Zero-Knowledge’ Privacy Ambassador program & We Want You!
The ‘Zero-Knowledge’ Privacy Ambassador (or ZKPA) will help inform and educate people on the importance of preserving privacy in everyday online life. From communicating with individuals to talking in front of groups, a ZKPA understands that certain lines must be drawn and we must have a better balance between what 3rd parties have access to, what they can do with collected data, and understanding our rights as individual users.
- Must have working knowledge of SpiderOak
- Must have passion for understanding what privacy means and how it may be preserved online
- Wear & display the ZK Image
- Distribute ZK materials as appropriate
- Offer information about SpiderOak and ZK to those interested
- Participate in online conversations where data privacy is being discussed
- Identify potential other ZKPAs
- Offer free GBs to those interested in SpiderOak and ZK
- Provide & collect user testimonials around ZK and Privacy
- Be a resource for perspective SpiderOak customers
Ultimately – as a ZKPA – “you get out of it what you put into it.” – SpiderOak will look to you to set the level of involvement you will have with this position
- Work closely with the awesome & fun SpiderOak Team
- Represent SpiderOak and our passionate stance on ZK
- Play a key role in helping us shape and grow the ZKPA program
- Interact and gain leadership experience
- Help spread awareness about ZK and the importance of control as it relates to personal data online
- Develop a ZK Seal Certification process used to award other companies and organizations who maintain the high levels of privacy standards
ZKPAs are greatly encouraged to participate in monthly conference calls. ‘Training’ dates will be provided in advance. Given that the program is new, the full amount of time required is yet to be determined. Our first goal will be to gauge interest and understanding around ZK.
ZKPAs are not paid. In exchange for ambassadorship, ZKPAs will gain valuable experience as well as a decent amount of swag to be worn, given away, presented, etc…
We would like you to send us an email to ZKPA@spideroak.com detailing why you think you would make a good ZKPA.
Some questions to consider are the following -
- Why are you interested?
- What does ZK mean to you?
- What qualities do you possess that would make you a good ZKPA?
- What experience have you had around SpiderOak?
- Are you bilingual? And if so – what languages do you speak?
- What sites do you frequently visit and enjoy? News outlets? Social Media?
- Anything else you would like to share.
We are very excited to launch the ZKPA program and even more excited to hear from all of you. Don’t hesitate to send thoughts, questions, ideas, etc…