2010-07-12 UPDATE: Beta delayed due to additional work required. See below.
Hello, your friendly local iPhone developer here. I’m happy to say that the first major revision of our client for the iPhone is now about to enter beta testing. There’s a bunch of new features to help make your SpiderOak storage more accessible to you wherever you go.
- You can now save files from ShareRooms or your storage locally to your phone as Favorites to have them available to you at times when you may not have network connectivity, such as on an airplane.
- The app will now remember the last few files you visit in your ShareRooms and storage, so commonly-visited files can be easily re-visited.
- Our graphics are now available for high-res platforms, so those of you with the spiffy iPhone 4 will see spiffy high-res graphics now.
- The app is now built with LLVM/Clang, which if nothing else, provides much better diagnostic output when something breaks during builds, reducing development time
- This version represents the first stage of a gently-sweeping refactor that will result in components of the code being made available open-source, as well as a bunch of Shiny New Features being brought forward quicker and with less bugs.
UPDATE: iPad compatibility demands I go and fix some iOS 4 specific parts of the code. The beta is going to be delayed by a few days while I work on it. Thanks for your patience.