Release Notes for 25 April 2013: 5.0 (General Release)
April 26, 2013
- SpiderOak Hive: We adopted a simple approach to syncing data
across all devices by creating the SpiderOak Hive folder. Simply
drag and drop files or folders into this folder and they will
automatically sync to your other devices.
- OS Integration for Windows (Mac and Linux soon to follow):
Granting right-click access functions via Explorer now allows you
to backup, share, and view historical versions.
- ShareRoom Enhancement: Users can now add passwords to their
ShareRooms which adds an additional layer of security when sharing
- Remote Diagnostics: We added a capability for remote
diagnostics to help when troubleshooting problems with customer
support. This option is disabled by default. You must explicitly
enabled it. Diagnostic reports consist of metadata such as program
and OS version information, file system types, program log files,
folder and file names. Reports do not include backup data,
passwords, or encryption information.
- Password Enhancement: As a new user, you must now change your
disabled during signup and a temporary password was automatically
- ShareRoom Enhancement: We added clarification to the ShareRoom
- LAN sync: Fixed a bug with LAN sync, allowing the client to
recover from certain error conditions
- UI / View Tab: Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the UI to
erroneously disable the View tab in the client after displaying the
"out of space" popup window.
- AppIndicator framework: Switch system tray icon to use
AppIndicator framework on Ubuntu.
- Backup: Fixed a bug which prevents category size indicator on
basic backup tab from updating without restarting the client
- Downloads: Fixed a bug that prevented downloads from resuming
after a network failure.
- Uninstalling SpiderOak: Fixed a bug on Windows which reports
publisher info as 'unknown' when uninstalling SpiderOak
- Sync: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented sync from detecting
a moved folder properly, instead considering it a deletion
- Backup: Fixed a bug causing backup to fail under a very rare