We love conversations around privacy, which is why you will hear more from us this month as Data Privacy Day approaches on Jan. 28.
Here are several ways you can take action around privacy this month:
- What is your privacy IQ? Take this 10-question quiz from the National CyberSecurity Alliance (NCSA) and SpiderOak: myprivacyiq.com
- Your business can also sign up to be a Data Privacy Day champion
- it’s really simple.
- Join @DataPrivacyDay for a Twitter chat each week around a different privacy topic using the hashtag #ChatDPD,every Wednesday in January at 3 p.m. ET. Learn more about the topics and participants on the DPD Events page.
- Take steps to protect your own privacy: whether it’s making sure your own private backup is up to date with SpiderOak, or getting yourself a VPN – now is the time! In fact, here is 25% offa VPN service we recommend, Golden Frog’s VyprVPN (use the code SPIDEROAK25OFF). Learn more here.
- Use the hashtags #DPD15 and #privacymatters this month on social media.
We’ll share more in the coming weeks. Let us know if you have any questions and thanks for caring about the right to privacy, too.