Each October is dedicated to Cyber Security Awareness and championed by the National Cyber Security Alliance and hundreds of other organizations, individuals and communities throughout the U.S. It’s already the third week of NCSAM and these are the remaining themes and conversation topics for the rest of October 2014:
- WEEK 3: Oct, 13-17 – Critical Infrastructure & The Internet of Things
- WEEK 4: Oct. 20-24 – Cybersecurity for Small & Medium-Sized Businesses & Entrepreneurs
- WEEK 5: Oct. 27-31 – Cybercrime & Law Enforcement
If you’re interested in getting more involved, see all of your options here. As for us, we’ll continue to join the NCSAM conversation on social media for the rest of the month, but we wanted to share these few cool finds with you around security and privacy:
- Worried you have an account that has been compromised in a data breach? Check here to see: haveibeenpwned.com
- Read Edward Snowden’s privacy tips that he shared this past Saturday at The New Yorker Festival.
- If you’ve been wanting a personal VPN, Golden Frog’s VyprVPN is now offering a new deal for SpiderOak users: 25% off annual plans for the first year. Use the special code: SPIDEROAK25OFF.