Use Your Best-in-Class Skills to Solve the World’s Toughest Internet Security Issues
Truly meaningful and collaborative innovation and opportunity. Independence in your daily work life. The opportunity to solve the world’s most difficult security challenges using the latest technology tools available. This is what it means to work at SpiderOak.
Becoming part of the SpiderOak team allows you to step into a powerful environment of learning and growth for you and your career. Our people value their ability to work with others who share their passion for tackling highly sensitive issues around privacy and security. Many SpiderOak team members work remotely, but they all have a strong sense of shared mission and excellence.
For those whose skills are best-in-class, and who are seeking a workplace that challenges and inspires, SpiderOak may be the place for you.
SpiderOak is seeking a full time, entry level Support Technician to work with our Customer Success team in our Kansas City office. The role involves directly supporting users via our help desk system, Zendesk, and over email.
The position requires strong motivation. The members of our support team manage their own workload every day. It’s not important to know how to code or have formal computer science training, but we are looking for tech-savvy individuals. You will receive training from the manager of the department, after which you will be expected to meet your daily work goals without direct supervision.
While candidates in the Kansas City area are preferred, well qualified remote candidates will also be considered.
- Communication: You communicate regularly and clearly with the rest of your team. You know that this takes work and do what it takes to help your team be on the same page.
- Problem solving: You approach problems creatively with openness and work to find the best solution. You are willing and able to tackle anything that comes your way.
- Leadership: You have no problem taking the lead on projects and doing whatever needs to be done to see them through. You see everything as an opportunity and a way to grow.
- Time Management: You are known for meeting deadlines, keeping track of several needs and projects at once, and know what and how to prioritize.
- Maturity: If a conflict arises, you address it head on in order to build bonds with your team and reach a solution that benefits each person and the company. You listen to others, exhibit understanding, take ownership and responsibility for your mistakes, and can put any difficulties behind you once something is resolved.
- Values: You are a trustworthy, honest, genuine, and kind person who likes to demonstrate appreciation for your coworkers; you care about SpiderOak’s work, overall mission, and vision of privacy for all.
Nice to haves
- A passion for digital security and privacy
- IT certifications (such as A+ or Security+)
- Experience with Zendesk or other help desk software
- Phone, chat, or email support experience
Who we are
SpiderOak’s customer success team is based in Kansas City. While everyone has the option to work remotely, the Customer Success team meets often in our office in Mission. Our customer success team includes the support rockstars, the marketing team, and our top-flight partnerships director. The support team works closely with our sales and design team as well. We are a close-knit group that has a significant impact as the public face of SpiderOak.
We’re on a mission to ensure privacy and security for all. Our No Knowledge, secure-by-default products protect individuals, small businesses, and enterprises from cybersecurity threats like ransomware, hackers, and data loss. We offer end-to-end encrypted backup, group chat, and file-sharing to make your data and conversations private and secure.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance options to keep you healthy and happy
- Paid time off and corporate holidays so you can take the time off you need to come back revitalized
- Great equipment, including hardware and software to ensure you are set up for success