We’re looking for a Product Design Manager to lead a growing team of designers in crafting wonderful user experiences that don’t skip on privacy or security. Not only will you lead and shape our design team process, but you’ll have the opportunity to shape SpiderOak’s overall design strategy and vision. We want someone who can roll up the sleeves and push a pixel or two, but really thrives at leading design critiques, making strategic decisions along with your comrades in engineering, and cultivating a culture of collaboration. At the end of the day your mission is to build a happy, productive design team as well as delightful user experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Shape and articulate long-range design strategy and vision
- Lead your team in design process — from defining problems to high-quality design implementation
- Work closely with designers and engineers to ensure well-defined, impactful and successfully implemented projects
- Lead product design toward simple, intuitive solutions that “just work” for our users
What We’re Looking For:
- At least one year of extensive experience leading product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio of your work (or of a team you have lead) that demonstrates an ability to ship well-crafted products that people love using
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to advance design strategy, vision, and execution
- A dedication to a user-centered approach to designing software for people
- You have read this entire job description and will type an asterisk character before your first name on the following apply page
SpiderOak Inc. protects your group messaging, file sharing, and file backups with end-to-end encryption to keep you safe from privacy intrusions, ransomware, and data loss. Keeping your information secure is essential for everyone — but for some professions, it’s absolutely critical. Your work is important; so, we treat it that way. Basically, we’ve got your back.
We are a group of geeks and designers that care about privacy and security. SpiderOak is an equal opportunity employer and we work to create an inclusive and supportive culture for all.