We’re looking for a driven product designer with the design chops to build gorgeous UI as well as the strategic thinking to craft useful experiences that bring people joy. With a ton of UX challenges to solve and plenty of pixels to push, you’ll utilize a range of product design, interaction design and visual design skills as we build magical experiences that don’t skip on privacy or security. As much as we love unicorns, this is in fact a design role. That said, we do want someone that understands technical constraints and how to deliver high-quality assets to our engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Create new app experience components and interaction standards for desktop and mobile
- Obsess over details and love polishing to pixel-perfection
- Work with leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Build thoughtful and organized design documents
- Be vocal and work with engineers to ensure quality of implementation and user experience
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in interactive design
- An outstanding portfolio, demonstrating a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design
- Experience collaborating with engineers and designers on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- Experience crafting flows, prototypes, sketches, and final assets
- Great at writing and talking about your design
- You have read this entire job description and will type an asterisk character before your first name on the following apply page
SpiderOak Inc. protects your group messaging, file sharing, and file backups with end-to-end encryption to keep you safe from privacy intrusions, ransomware, and data loss. Keeping your information secure is essential for everyone — but for some professions, it’s absolutely critical. Your work is important; so, we treat it that way. Basically, we’ve got your back.
We are a group of geeks and designers that care about privacy and security. SpiderOak is an equal opportunity employer and we work to create an inclusive and supportive culture for all.