Date posted: 2019-04-12
About the team
We are building the “SpiderOak Trusted Application Platform” (https://spideroak.com/platform/) framework, and we are looking to expand our team!
We are a small team comprised of polyglot developers that have chosen Go as their main tool for the past several years to bring the “SpiderOak Trusted Application Platform” to life.
We use Go as our backend for the multi-platform client (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS) and to develop the cloud services that run as docker containers.
Some of the technologies you will interact day to day are: OpenSSL (cgo), Sqlite3 (cgo), Sqlcipher (cgo), WinHTTP, Windows CNG, object stores like Minio and Amazon S3, GraphQL, Python, Docker, Git, Prometheus, Gomobile, and many more.
- Implement already written specifications for distributed applications in Go.
- Design and specify new features/services. We have a lot of work already architected, but there’s still a a lot left in the roadmap.
- Iterate over our current codebase to improve it and fix bugs.
- Take ownership of the tasks assigned, regardless of their scope. Working on bug fixes doesn’t entail less ownership than writing a new service from scratch.
- 2+ years experience in Go.
- Familiarity with development focused on security.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with multi-platform development. Our client side Go codebase runs in Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Experience using Docker.
SpiderOak helps individuals, small business, and enterprises protect their files and conversations. Our No Knowledge, secure-by-default products protect you from cybersecurity threats like ransomware, hackers, and data loss. We offer end-to-end encrypted backup, group chat, and file-sharing to make your life easier and more secure.
We are a remote friendly company, but if you are local to Kansas City you are always welcome to work from the office. Significant overlap with US Central time zone required. You will be expected to communicate regularly with the rest of your team, working out problems and collaborating in a daily basis to push projects across the finish line. While we do not use a strict Agile methodology, you must be comfortable working closely with the rest of the company to ensure an iterative process. We require a basic working proficiency in the written and spoken English language.
Much as we believe in internet privacy for all, we do not discriminate in who we choose to be part of our team. We know no boundaries based on race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexuality, or other terms humans use to separate the ‘us’ from the ‘them’. If you can do the job and communicate readily, we will be happy to work with you.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance options to keep you healthy and happy
- Paid time off and corporate holidays so you can take the time off you need to come back revitalized
- Great equipment, including hardware and software to ensure you are set up for success
- Freedom to work remotely and enjoy a balanced lifestyle