Use Your Best-in-Class Skills to Solve the World’s Toughest Internet Security Issues
Truly meaningful and collaborative innovation and opportunity. Independence in your daily work life. The opportunity to solve the world’s most difficult security challenges using the latest technology tools available. This is what it means to work at SpiderOak.
Becoming part of the SpiderOak team allows you to step into a powerful environment of learning and growth for you and your career. Our people value their ability to work with others who share their passion for tackling highly sensitive issues around privacy and security. Many SpiderOak team members work remotely, but they all have a strong sense of shared mission and excellence.
For those whose skills are best-in-class, and who are seeking a workplace that challenges and inspires, SpiderOak may be the place for you.
We’re looking for a Python developer with knowledge of Django web framework to be a force multiplier in the efforts of dockerizing all of our infrastructure and improving our web services overall.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years Python development
- Strong understanding of web development
- Knowledge of Django or a similar web framework
- Have an understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, and JS
- Experience writing automated tests
- Familiar with Git or similar version control
- Desire to work remotely
Nice to haves
- Security background
- Knowledge of Docker or Ansible
- Computer Science/Engineering degree or equivalent experience
Who you are
- You love solving complex problems
- You work well independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- You’re looking for an organization where you can make a difference on the toughest data security issues of our time
We’re on a mission to ensure privacy and security for all. Our No Knowledge, secure-by-default products protect individuals, small businesses, and enterprises from cybersecurity threats like ransomware, hackers, and data loss. We offer end-to-end encrypted backup, group chat, and file-sharing to make your data and conversations private and secure.
Much as we believe in internet privacy for all, we do not discriminate in who we choose to be part of our team. We know no boundaries based on race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexuality, or other terms people use to separate the ‘us’ from the ‘them’. If you can do the job and communicate readily, we will be happy to work with you.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance options to keep you healthy and happy
- Paid time off and corporate holidays so you can take the time off you need to come back revitalized
- Great equipment, including hardware and software to ensure you are set up for success
- Freedom to work remotely and enjoy a balanced lifestyle