DevOps Engineer – Help Us Keep the Lights On
Help SpiderOak’s Technical Operations team build out the infrastructure we use to deploy our Share, Semaphor, and Backup products; share your operational expertise with our development teams; and work from anywhere as part of our remote-friendly team!
SpiderOak has been working for the past 10+ years bringing security and privacy to consumers and enterprises – first in the backup arena with SpiderOak One, followed by messaging with Semaphor, and now in the collaboration space with SpiderOak Share. We are a remote-friendly company, but if you are local to Kansas City, our office is always available for co-working opportunities. We offer:
- Paid time off and corporate holidays.
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and short & long-term disability insurance.
- Company provided hardware.
- Remote-friendly, geographically distributed team.
Because of SpiderOak’s history and business philosophy, we have been described as a “startup within a business” – enjoy the benefits of the startup lifestyle while feeling secure working for a battle-tested, mature company. We believe in DevOps culture, wherein we spread ownership, authority, autonomy, and accountability out across the whole team. Strong English-language, written communication skills are essential to succeed on our geographically distributed team.
We’re looking for a full-time operations engineer with experience building microservice architectures using Kubernetes. As part of the Technical Operations team, your expertise in networking, deployment, monitoring, and operational best-practices will help our product and business teams succeed. The Technical Operations team’s mission is to provide the physical, organizational, computing, and networking infrastructure that the rest of the company relies on every day.
- Work from anywhere (although significant overlap with US Central timezone required.)
- Maintain cloud and on-prem computing infrastructure.
- Develop tools and services to help the company utilize our infrastructure easily.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation (approx. 1 week per month.)
As part of the Technical Operations team, you will have the opportunity to help drive technical solutions to the many challenges we face as an innovative team working on the cutting-edge of secure and private cloud-based services!
Why Should You Apply?
- Enjoy startup culture within a mature company.
- Competitive benefits.
- Excellent learning and growth opportunities.
- Work from anywhere!