About the team
The Ops team is one of the oldest teams in the company. We were involved in the creation of the backup product from scratch and maintain the datacenter where we store multiple petabytes of encrypted user data humming. As part of the creation of Semaphor, the team branched out to also support this new product.
As part of the implementation of Share, we are working in a microservice oriented architecture that’s going to run dockerized over Kubernetes.
Contribute to microservice specification from the ops perspective. We need to make sure everything that is developed will work nicely with the best practices in deployment.
- Deploy and maintain the infrastructure running Semaphor 2.
- Help maintain and improve the ansible playbooks that are behind our datacenter infrastructure.
- Be on call for outages (roughly a week every month).
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience working with clouds such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of config management systems such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- 2+ years as a devops
- Python development experience.
- Experience deploying microservices to the cloud.
SpiderOak has been working for the past 10+ years bringing security and privacy to consumers and enterprises. First in the back up area with SpiderOak One, messaging with Semaphor, and now in the collaboration space with SpiderOak Share.
We are a remote friendly company, but if you are local to Kansas City, you are always welcome to work from the office. Significant overlap with US Central time zone required. You will be expected to communicate regularly with the rest of your team, problem solve, and collaborate on a daily basis to take projects across the finish line. The ability to take lead on projects is paramount. While we do not use a strict Agile methodology, you must be comfortable working closely with the rest of the company to ensure an iterative process. We require a working proficiency in the English language and the ability to travel 1-4 times a year for team meet-ups.
Much as we believe in internet privacy for all, we do not discriminate in who we choose to be part of our team. We know no boundaries based on race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexuality, or other terms humans use to separate the ‘us’ from the ‘them’. If you can do the job and communicate readily, we will be happy to work with you.
- Paid time off and corporate holidays
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and short & long term disability insurance
- Company provided hardware
- Work from anywhere